This summer has been a busy one for many of our families and it’s not going to slow down for another few weeks. With so many students needing to schedule makeups, we need to take a moment and make sure we are communicating once again our policy about absences & makeup classes.
1) A student is eligible for a free makeup when:
*a minimum 24 hr. advance absence notification has been given.
*A doctor’s note brought in or submitted for absence notification given less than 24 hr. in advance due to illness.
2) A student is eligible for a $5.00 makeup class when:
*Absence notification given less than 24 hr. in advance NOT due to illness or without a doctor’s note.
*NO advance absence notice submitted and NO show to class.
3) Makeup classes must be scheduled and attended within 30 days of the absence date.
4) Makeup classes are only scheduled 7 days out at a time.
*A student with multiple absences or future absences may schedule more than one makeup class within the up coming 7-day period.
*If a parent prefers making up the multiple absences over a consecutive week time period, the parent is responsible for contacting our schedulers each week to discuss that week’s class availability. We no longer can schedule consecutive weekly makeup classes for the same time each week as this freezes an opening for new and transfer students.
5) Our app and website have the make up request form ready to use and submit with a push of a button.