Elementary Beginner 2
Ages: 6- 12 years old
Swimmers must be comfortable in the water and able to follow a series of directions. Swimmers must have a 10 second underwater breath hold, be able to swim 8-10 feet independently and back float for 5 seconds independently.
In Beginner 2, your child will learn to swim a basic Front Crawl Stroke thru a drill-oriented approach--coupled with unique skill progressions for the following:
- In-line kicking- 10-15 feet
- Independent Back Float 10 seconds
- Independent Back Glide to Back Float
- Underwater swim with pop up breath- 25 ft.
- Swim- Float- Swim 25 ft.
- Safety Jump- Jump, turn, swim, climb out of pool
Upon mastering the Beginner 2 skills, your child will advance to Advanced Beginner where he/she will learn to swim the formal strokes of Freestyle with Side Breathing and Backstroke.
If your child is not comfortable submerging in the water or is unable to swim 5ft. independently, please register for a Beginner class.